Fran Donovan R.C.S.W
9 North Main Street
East Hampton, N.Y. 11937
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES: CLINICAL
Private Practice of Psychotherapy
The Professional Building, 9 North Main St. East Hampton, N.Y. 11937. 1986 – Present
Director of East End Eating Disorder Center
9 North Main St. East Hampton, N.Y. 11937. 1998- Present
E.M.D.R. Therapy Regional Coordinator
East End coordinator of EMDR therapy organization for the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. EMDRIA International Organization.
E.M.D.R Facilitator/ Trainer of Clinicians
Qualified to facilitate Clinicians training in the treatment of PTSD and other traumatic diagnosis. EMDR Institute.
Chief Consulting Clinical Social Worker
Amagansett School. Main Street Amagansett, N.Y. 11930. 1987-1999
Chief Regional Crisis Response Coordinator
For the East Hampton and Amagansett School Districts. 1988-1999
215 Old Riverhead Rd. Westhampton, N.Y. 11978
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES: ADMINISTRATIVE
Producer of “Looking Through Hemispheres”
Best selling video introduction to EMDR as a benefit to
Humanitarian Assistance Program. Trauma treatment training video for clinicians.
Producer of “Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Video for LTV on signs, symptoms and treatment of PTSD.
Regional Coordinator of EMDR – HAP Disaster Mental
Health Recovery Network.
Set up after 9/11 for training of mental health workers in PTSD and trauma, in Nassau County for Project Liberty.
Director of Mediation/Conflict Resolution
The Amagansett School. 1993 -1999
PAST PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
– Chief Speaker for Southampton Hospital Wellness Center.
– Speaker for Joshuas Place on Trauma and Treatment with EMDR.
– School Social Work Specialist; drug Free Counselor, East Hampton High Schools.
– Clinical Social Worker, Harborview Counseling Center.
– Eating Disorder Therapist, Alternatives, Catholic Charities.
– Clinical Art Therapist, Bridgehampton Child Care Center.
– Art Therapist, Long Island Jewish Hillside Hospital, Staten Island.
– Clinical Art Therapist, North Shore Hospital Pediatric, Manhasset.
– Asst. Clinical Social Worker, Creedmoor State Hospital, Queens, N.Y.
COMMUNITY PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
– Critical Incident Responder Post 9/11 at Springs School.
– Debriefing students for 3 days after traumatic events.
– Board Member East Hampton Town Drug and Alcohol Task Force.
– Director, Cornell Family School Collaboration. Training of Faculty and Community.
– Producer, Writer and Host of “Health Focus,” a 30-minute weekly television program on addictions, mental
and physical health and service delivery systems.
– Keynote Speaker/ Lecturer for numerous East End School Systems, PTA’s, Planned Parenthood,
Southampton Hospital and Southampton College on stress management, PTSD, trauma and treatment.
M.S.W. School of Social Welfare, S.U.N.Y. Stonybrook, N.Y. 1985
Addiction Specialty, School of Social Welfare, stonybrook, N.Y. 1985
B.A. Art Therapy, College at Old Westbury, S.U.N.Y. Old Westbury 1978
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Licensed Certified Social Worker N.Y. 03659
Certified School social Worker Specialist, N.Y. State
Certified EMDRIA Consultant
Certified EMDR Institute/ HAP Facilitator.